Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:50 pm Post subject: Installing SMS
This tutorial cover a typican installation of SMS.
1. At boot promt select your kernel from a choice of three kernels and press enter:
1. hugesmp.s Default SMS Kernel very similar to Slackware's kernel
2. huge.s Default Slackware Kernel for i486 and better machines
3. hugel7.s Same as huge.s but with Layer 7 support patch
2. Choose you keyboard map and login with username:root,
if you haven't create you partitions already use 'cfdisk' to create them, and type 'setup'.
1. Choose your swap partition.
2. Choose your destination partition (mount points).
3. Choose your source media.
4. Select packages you want to install. The most appropriate option is expert/menu mode when you can choose, which packages are going to be install.
devel series isn't selected by default, you can select it with space.
From Series X x-kde-addon.tgz by default it's unselected, if you want it, select it whith space and press enter.
3. Configuring your System
Lilo configuration has two options. The first is SMS lilo installer that automatically install lilo on your chosen partitions, second it's Slackware's lilo installer where you can create you lilo.conf from scratch.
Network configuration will use 'netconfig' script to alter your server's configuration to your new hostname & domain, including dovecot, postfix, httpd, sasl, squirrelmail, phpldapadmin except openldap.
To be able to configure openldap, /usr/libexec/slapd must be running, so either you configure your system and on first boot you import sms.ldif with the command
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You can attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum