Log me on automatically each visit    
Register
Register
SMS Forum Index » SMS User Support

vitualmin questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baboo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: vitualmin questions Reply with quote

Hi.

This looks really interesting. I've tried ispconfig only to find it does not support some apps that I want to use. And it was very difficult to get up and running.

Virtualmin looks really good. I was wondering if you had any experience with it. I want to install a grouware package and my experience with ispconfig has led me to think grouware is not easy to make work with some of these hosting packages.

Your thoughts as always will be appreciated. Also, look at my post in the suggestions category.

regards
gerasimos_h
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tested virtualmin and it's quite easy and no problem to configure at all.
It's GPL version and it's plain and simpler than pro version or cPanel.
You might find problem with the IP and hostname as it needs to setup a proper DNS server cause it will listen only to IP addresses.

As for groupware I read your post and I'll check your suggestions.
Another link I picked from this site statistics was vTiger. Some guy tested it on SMS Native 1.2 and it was working great and had a link to SMS site. It's a CMS but I think that CMS groupware is some kind the same, I don't spend much time with those applications so I may be wrong.

gerasimos_h

baboo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vTiger is very well done. Its a Customer Resource Management application. It has components that are similiar to groupware, i.e., calendar, email, to do. A good package for a business that has sales of a particular product.

Groupware is more about collaboration. Communication in various forms without contracts, orders, customer info. Its used mostly for enhancing communication amongst staff. Subtle differences but still very different.

vTiger uses a sugarcrm license and I would have problems with that. I think OpenBravo is a better solution. Not only is it more comprehensive but could adapt to more businesses.

Just my two cents. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SMS Forum Index » SMS User Support All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: