Dear gerasimos_h! Excuse me for returning to this thread after so long time! My only reason is that I have had no time upgrading ddclient and dependencies before late october. With age I seem to have less time over than I had when still working :-(. I'll try to be as short as I can. My question is really concerning an eventual building error? A short recall: After my DNS-service upgraded their server to TLS-1.2 this spring my ddclient (then 3.8.2) could not longer connect to their servers, get my current IP or update DNS when mismatching. In my last post I listed the version of ddclient and its dependencies I'have got installed, and which versions of them I could build from SBo. Mostly versions for Slackware 14.2. I didn't dare using Your suggested mcpan, because I'm not familiar with the perl world. I did the upgrading using Slackbuilds, that I had invented this spring. First checked if newer versions were available today but no. -So I rebuilt and "upgraded"/installed ddclient from the bottom dependencies and upwards. Just to find that ddclient could still not connect to my DNS-service's servers using "ssl=yes"? What I didn't notice when I rebuilt ddclient (in reversed dependency order) was that the previous dependecy versions were still installed in the system parallell to the newer dependencies, because the new ones had other names (that is Net-SSLeay instead of perl-net-ssleay and perl-IO-Socket-SSL instead of perl-io-socket-ssl). Could this have disturbed the Slackbuilds so it used the previous dependecy versions instead of the new built? I attach a text-file, "upgrading_ddclient.txt", with a detailed description of how I made the upgrades -including this text- to avoid taking upp so much space here. Best regards Lars Detailed description Hierarchy of dependencies (reversed order) Net-SSLeay: No dependencies. perl-Net-LibIDN: No dependencies. Kept installed perl-net-libidn-0.12-i486-1sms, no upgrade in SBo. perl-IO-Socket-SSL requires: Net-SSLeay and perl-Net-LibIDN (so far met by perl-net-ssleay-1.48 and perl-net-libidn-0.12) ddclient behöver perl-IO-Socket-SSL (so far met by perl-io-socket-ssl-1.74) Built them and and upgraded or installed them in that order. perl-net-libidn-0.12-i486-1sms Kept it, no higher version available perl-net-ssleay-1.48-i486-1sms Built and upgraded it to Net-SSLeay-1.81-i586-1_SBo perl-io-socket-ssl-1.74-noarch-1sms Built and upgraded it to perl-IO-Socket-SSL-2.066-i586-1_SBo ddclient-3.8.3-noarch-1_SBo Uninstalled, rebuilt it with the newer dependencies. Installed Now tried my rebuilt ddclient: It still could not connect to my DNS-services servers? -Now what I didn't think of when making the Slackbuilds, but checked now was that the previous dependencies were still installed in the system? I.e. parallell whith the newer versions. Could it have been problems with building of perl-IO-Socket-SSL: since I "upgraded" perl-net-ssleay-1.48-i486-1sms to Net-SSLeay-1.81-i586-1_SBo but perl-net-ssleay-1.48-i486-1sms was still installed? And subsequently by building ddclient-3.8.3-noarch-1_SBo.tgz since I "upgraded" perl-io-socket-ssl-1.74-noarch-1sms to perl-IO-Socket-SSL-2.066-i586-1_SBo but perl-io-socket-ssl-1.74-noarch-1sms was still installed in the system? That the Slackbuilds were built in relation to the previous dependencies instead of the newer versios with other names? That is perl-IO-Socket-SSL with perl-net-ssleay-1.48-i486-1sms instead of Net-SSLeay-1.81-i586-1_SBo? And ddclient with perl-io-socket-ssl-1.74-noarch-1sms instead of perl-IO-Socket-SSL-2.066-i586-1_SBo? (If so I could by mistake have rebuilt my previous version of ddclient!) -That is, should I have uninstalled the previous dependencies (perl-net-ssleay-1.48-i486-1sms and perl-io-socket-ssl-1.74-noarch-1sms) to be certain that this could not happen? Now, I'll think of a way of putting this short and add this full description as a txt-file ;-).